Step-by-step guide on how to remove Raila Odinga Virus
Raila Odinga Virus is a virus that self-replicates speedily on your system. It launches Internet explorer and quickly opens new pages so fast that your system resources are used up so fast and so overloaded that it goes into a nose-dive and finally crashes.
Amazingly, to remove this virus takes less than 60 seconds if you know how.
See the steps below:
- If you see a copy of any of your files with the title “copy of ….%…”, where … is your file with a % included in the file name, (especially Microsoft word documents), you’d be wise to suspect foul play especially if the original file exists and you did not duplicate it.
- If you see a Gif or JPEG image on your desktop or disk (Flash, HDD or Memory Card). Don’t click it because the virus will be activated once the file in 1 above or the gif/jpeg image is clicked.
However, in the unlikely event that the virus is activated, then take the following steps.
- Shut down your system and restart
- Stop the virus process by hitting alt+ctrl+del button on your keyboard. This key combination launches the Task Manager. Click the Processes Tab and look under the Image name, you will see the infected file process with the % sign as a giveaway. Click it and click End Process at the base of the Task Manager window.
- Then Click My Computer, Open C drive (if that’s your default drive), Click Windows, click System32, click Drivers, scroll down and search for any file with Microsoft word document format. Select it and hit delete.
- That’s all.
- To be on the safest side and to avoid “ had I Known” clean your recycle bin as well as your run Disk Cleanup.
- Restart your system and continue working as if nothing happened because you have effectively terminated the terminator.